SOLD Hammer price: €2200, Estimate: €1000-1500
Rare Collection of Curious Tracts
Including One by John Milton
Tracts: Anon. The Humble Addresse Both of Church and Poore, to the Sacred Majestie of Great Britaines Monarch, For a just redress of the uniting of Churches, and the ruine of Hospitals. Sm. 4to [L.] 1641. pp.
2. Anon. England’s Complaint to Jesus Christ, against The Bishops Canons, of the Late Sinfull Synod, a Sertious Conventicle, a Packe of Hypocriats A Sworn Confederacy, a Traiterous Conspiracy against the true Religion of Christ… Sm. 4to [L.] 1640, pp.
3. Bagshawe (Ed.) Two Arguments In Parliament, The first concerning the Cannons, The Second Concerning the Premunire Upon those Cannons, sm. 4to L. (George Miller) 1641., 43pp.
4. [Barnard (John)] A Short view of the Praelaticall Church of England: Wherein is set forth the horrible abuses in Discipline and Government… Sm. 4to [L.] 1642. , 39pp.
5. Anon: Certaine Considerations touching the better pacification, and Edification of the Church of England, Sm. 4to [L.] 1640., 46pp.
6. [Ussher] James, Archbishop of Armagh. The Judgement of Doctor Rainoldes touching the Originall of Episcopacy. More largely confirmed out of Antiquity. Sm. 4to L. (by G.M. for Thomas Downes) 1641, 14pp, incomplete.
7. Anon. Reasons Why the Hierarchy or government of the Church by Arch-Bishops, Lord Bishops, Deanes, Arch-Deacons, Chancelors nd their Officers, Exercising Sole or Superiour Authorite in Ordinations and Jurisdictions may or out to be Removed. Sm. 4to [L.] 1641, 6pp.
8. Anon. [Milton (John)] Of Prelaticial Episcopacy, … alledg’d to that purpose in some late Treatises. One whereof goes under the Name of James Arch-Bishop of Armagh. Sm. 4to L. (Bp. R.O. & G.D. for Thos. Underhill) 1641, 24pp.
9. Darton (Nicholas) Minister … at Killesbie… The True and Absolute Bishop. With the Converts Returne unto Him, Sm. 4to L. (by Tho. Badger and Humphrey Mosley) 1641 [X] 51pp.
10. Anon. A Light for the Ignorant,… sm. 4to [L.] 1641, 20pp.
A collection of 10 tracts in one vol., later hf. calf, mor. label, lacking upr. cover. As a coll.,w.a.f. V. Rare. (1)