The John T. Power All-Ireland Medal Collection Kilkenny 1907 – 1913 Medals:G.A.A.: Hurling 1907 – 1913, a collection of three 9ct gold All-Ireland Medals, each obverse with Celtic cross design and typical motifs, with “Eire” across pierced centre and central harp overlay, each reverse inscribed as follows: (a) “All-Ireland Hurling C’ship 1907, won by Kilkenny, John T. Power”; (b) “All-Ireland Hurling C’ship, won by Kilkenny, 1911”; (c) “All-Ireland Hurling C’ship, won by Kilkenny 1913,” Each hall marked H. & H. (Hopkins & Hopkins); together with a framed Certificate presented to John T. Power by the City of Kilkenny for the 1912 All-Ireland Championship, signed by John Magennis (Major) Joseph Purcell & others, and with the embossed Common Seal of the Confederate City. As a collection. Extremely Rare. · The 1907 Final was Kilkenny’s 3rd All-Ireland title, and was played at Fraher Field Dungarvan, with the Cats beating Cork 3.12 to 4.8, the final was not played till June 21st, 1908. · The 1911 Final was the 25th Series of the Championship, and Kilkenny beat Tipperary 3.3 to 2.1 (in a “Substitute Final”) The two previous fixtures arranged to play Limerick at Cork were cancelled due to a water logged pitch on the first occasion and Limerick’s subsequent refusal to travel to the venue. Therefore a “Substitute Final” was arranged at Fraher Field, Dungarvan. · The 1912 Title was played at Jones’ Road, in front of an attendance of 20,000, the Cats beat the Rebels 2.1 to 1.3 to claim two in a row. · The 1913 Final was Kilkenny’s First Three in a row. Having beaten Lancashire in the semi the Cats beat Tipperary 2.4 to 1.2 at the newly named “Croke Park” in what was the First Ever 15 a side Final.