SOLD Hammer price: €450, Estimate: €400-600
Collection of 17th Century Plays
Lees Plays: 1. Lee (Nathaniel) Mithridates King of Pontus, A Tragedy, 4to L. 1678. First Edn. , pp.
2. Lee (N.) The Tragedy of Nero, Emperor of Rome, 4to L. 1675. First Edn. [VIII], 54, pp.
3. Crowne (John) The Destruction of Jerusalem by Titus Vespasian, In Two Parts, 4to L. 1677. First Edn. [XVI], pp + [VIII] 64pp.
4. Lee (N.) The Rival Queens, or The Death of Alexander The Great, 4to L. 1677. First Edn. [XII], pp.
5. Lee (N.) Sophonisba, or Hannibal’s Overthrow. A Tragedy, 4to L. 1676. First Edn. B1 lacking.
6. Lee (N.) Gloriania, of The Court of Augustus Caesar, 4to L. 1676. First Edn. [VI], pp.
7. Anon. Andromache. A Tragedy. As it is Acted at the Dukes Theatre, 4to L. 1675. First Edn. pp, 48pp. Together 7 separate works, plus other items (mostly defective) cont. calf, broken, needs rebinding. As a coll. of Plays, w.a.f. Important collection. (1)