Kirkpatrick (T. Percy C.) The History of Doctor Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin, 1720 – 1920, 4to D. 1924. First, plts. buckram backed boards; Widdess (J.D.H.) A History of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, 1654-1963, roy 8vo Edin. & L. 1963. First Edn., illus. d.w. (2)More details ›
The Classics: Hutchinson (T.)ed. Xenophontis de Cyri Institutione, 8vo L. 1756, red & bl. title; Pearce (Z.)ed. Dionysii Longini Sublimitate Commentarius, Amsterdam 1733, red & bl. t.p. & engd. frontis; others on Cicero, Demosthenes, Juvenal etc., together 9 vols., all cont. calf, as a coll., w.a.f. (9)More details ›
Villiers-Stuart – Egypt after the War, roy 8vo L. 1883. First Edn., lg. cold. fold. plt. in pocket at front, frontis plt. & 70 varied plts., some fold. etc., complete, orig. pict. gilt decor. crimson cloth, spine faded. (1)More details ›
Genealogy: Burke (Sir B.) A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Landed Gentry, 2 vols. L. 1802. Fourth, attractive hf. crimson mor. tooled gilt spine. (2)More details ›
Periodical: The Journal of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise Antiquarian Society, vol. I No. 1 – No. 12 Together 12 no’s, Longford 1926 – 1951. [All Published], orig. ptd. wrappers. Good. As a periodical, w.a.f. (1)More details ›
Society for Promoting English Protestants
Schools in Ireland
Pamphlets: An important group of 13 separate tracts, some with lists of the various establishments set up by the Society, including very interesting details. Dean Swift, Hans Sloane, and many other famous people appear as members or contributors. The full list as follows:
1. A Brief Account of the Proceedings of the Incorporate Society in Dublin … . To which is prefix’d in Abstract of His Majesty’s Royal Charter. 8vo L. 1733, 16pp.
2. [Sherlock] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Salisbury. A Sermon Preach’d before the Society … in this Parish – Church of St. Mary Le Bow, on Friday, March 17th, 1737-8. 4to L. 1738, 24pp.
3. [Wilcox] Joseph Lord Bishop of Rochester, A Sermon Preach’d Before the Society … on Saturday, March 17th, 1738-9. 8vo L. 1739, 32pp.
4. [Maddox] Isaac, Lord Bishop of St. Asaph, A Sermon .., on Wednesday March 19, 1739-40, 8vo L. 1740, 27pp.
5. [Clayton] Robert, Lord Bishop of Cloyne, A Sermon … Preach’d in Christ Church, Dublin, Sm. 4to D. 1740., 23pp.
6. A Continuation of the Proceedings of the Incorporated Society in Dublin …. from 25th March 1738 to 25th March 1740, 4to D. 1740, 49pp.
7. [Henning] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Bangor, A Sermon Preach’d … Wednesday March 18, 1740-41. Sm. 4to L. 1741, 34pp.
8. Berriman (Wm.) Youth the proper Season of Discipline A Sermon… on Tuesday March 23, 1741-42. Sm. 4to L. 1742, 43pp.
9. Thomas (John) A Sermon Preach’d … on Tuesday March 22nd, 1742-43. 4to L. 1743., 21pp.
10. [Downes] Robert, Lord Bishop of Leighlin and Ferns, A Sermon Preach’d at Christ-Church, Dublin, on the 25th Day of March 1750, 4to D. 1750, 76pp.
* List 39 Schools already opened, and others proposals to open elsewhere, each with interesting details.
11. [Hayter] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Norwich, A Sermon Preach’d … Wednesday May 2nd, 1753, 4to L. 1754, 31pp.
12. An Abstract of His Majesty’s Royal Charter, 4to n.p., 55pp plus lg. fold. table.
13. [Secker] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Oxford, A Sermon Preach’d … Wednesday, April 27, 1757, 4to L. 1757, 93pp. includ. An Abstract ….,
Together 13 works bound as one, in 19th Century cloth, all in fine condition. As a coll., w.a.f.
* Important collection. (1)More details ›
Fine Illusrared Childrens Books
[Juvenile]: Crane (Walter) Flora’s Feast, roy 8vo L. 1889. First Edn., m/ss inscription on front blank reads … Dec. 1888), 40 cold. plts. includ. title, decor. ends, orig. cltoh backed decor. boards; also Queen Summer or The Journey of the Lily and the Rose, roy 8vo L. 1891. First Edn., 40 fine cold. plts. includ. title, adverts at end, decor. ends, orig. pict. cltoh acked boards. Two very fine copies of Crane’s First & Second Flower Books. and 3 other items illustrated by Crane. A v. good lot. (5)More details ›
Nicholson (Wm.) An Almanac of Twelve Sports, words by Rudyard Kipling. Lg. 4to L. 1898. First Edn., Title with decor. pritners device, & 12 fine cold. plts. orig. cloth backed cold. printed pictorial boards. V. good. (1)More details ›
Atlas: Cary (John) New and Correct English Atlas, Being A New Set of Coutny Maps from Actual Surveys. 4to L. 1793. Second Edn., engd. title, contents, 47 full pge engd.maps, hd. cold. in outline, cont. full tree calf, joints cracked. As an Atlas, w.a.f. (1)More details ›
Atlas: Ostell (Thos.) New General Atlas, 4to L. [c. 1850] New Edn., 30 fine hd. cold. engd. maps, rebacked hf. mor. orig. mor. label on front cover, & marble sides. Very good copy. (1)More details ›
Atlas: Lewis (Samuel) Atlas Comprising the Counties of Ireland, 4to L. 1839. End. title & contents, lg. fold.map of Ireland, & 32 engd. single page maps (v. clean), cont. hf. mor. Good. (1)More details ›
Atlas: Russell (J.C.) New School Atlas of Modern Geography; 4to L. 1824. 25 full page engd. maps, hd. cold. in outline, all clean, cont. hf. mor., good. (1)More details ›
Gibbon – Sheffield (John Lord) Miscellaneous Works of Edward Gibbon, Vols. I – III, together 3 vols. Lg. 4to L. 1796 – 1815. First Edns, 1 silhouete & 1 other port. frontis, cont. full mor. tooled gilt roll border, flat spines, upper cover, & spine Vol. III dam. Scarce in 3 vols. (3)More details ›
Belidor – La Science des Ingenieurs dans la Conduite des Travaux de Fortifications et d’Architecture Civile, 2 vols. 4to Paris 1729. Engd. frontis & red & bl. title, Vol. I, & 52 fold. & other engd. plts. (ex 53) in Vol. II, mostly loose, cont. calf, worn & damp dam. S.N.S.R. (2)More details ›
With Hand-coloured & other Plates
Baron (A.) & others, editors: La Belgique Monumentale, 2 vols. sm. folio Brussels 1844. 7 hand colourd & 36 bl. & wh, plts, & txt illus. thro-out, orig. hf. crimson mor., tooled gitl spines; also Les Belges Illustres, 3 vols. sm. folio Brussels 1844, 1 forntis & 133 bl. & wh. plts., text illus. etc., orig. hf. green mor. tooled gilt spines. V. good. (5)More details ›
With Attractive Hand-Coloured Plates
Juste (Theodore) Histoire de Belgique, 2 vols. sm. folio Brussels n.d. [c. 1880] 2 hf. titles, 1 hd. cold. & one bl. & white frontis, 71 bl. & white plts. & 25 fine hand colorued plts., orig. hf. mor., tooled gilt spines. V. Good. (2)More details ›
With Maps by H. Moll
Salmon – Modern History: or, The Present State of All Nations, 3 vols. lg. folio L. 1744. Third Edn., forntis map Vol. I & 90 other fold. maps & plts. some mis-pagnation, some damp stains, cont. calf, worn., as a coll., w.a.f. (3)More details ›
Sex (Susan) & Sayers (B.) Ireland’s Wild Orchids, l. atlas folio 2004. Special Lim. Edn. No. 571 (700), Signed by both, lists of subs., & fine cold. plts. & cold. illus., in orig. cloth backed pict. yellow boards, & orig. cloth slip case. V. good. (1)More details ›
Ashton (John) Real Sailor-Songs, folio L. (Leadenhall Press) 1891. First Edn., wd. cut illus. thro-out, advert. leaf at end, orig. hf. vellum. (1)More details ›
Chap-books: Crawhall’s Chap book Chaplets, Sm. folio L. (Field & Tuer) 1883. First Edn., Orig. decor. boards. An attractive publication with hand cold. illus. thro.-out. (1)More details ›