SOLD Hammer price €50
Doyle (Dr. James) of Kildare & Leighlin, A Dissertation on Popery, or an Analysis of Divine Faith, 8vo D. 1835. First Edn., advert leaf at end, cont. full green mor. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €230
Co. Mayo: Rooper (George) A Month in Mayo, comprising characteristic sketches (Sporting & Social) of Irish Life. 8vo L. 1876. First Edn., 8pp. of adverts. & opinions of the Press at end, orig. gilt decor. cloth. Scarce. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €80
Inglis (Henry D.) Ireland in 1834. A Journey Throughout Ireland, 2 vols. sm. 8vo L. 1835. third, 2 fold. linen backed map frontis, Malta Garrison Library Copy, hf. mor. (2)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €100
Irish Poetry: Sigerson (Dora) Verses, L. 1893. First, Pres. Copy inscribed by Dr. Sigerson; also The Fairy Changeling and other Poems, L. & N. York 1898. First, decor. cloth; O’Connell (Arthur J.) Ultima Thule and other Verses, L. 1896; Kelly (Eleanor Francis) Shamrock Sprays, 8vo Galway (Connacht Tribune)1911 sole Edn., wrappers; & 1 other. (5)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €130
Madden (Dr. R.R.) Catalogue of the Valuable Library, 8vo D. (Bennett & Son) c. 1880, mor. backed boards; Curtis (Rob.) Rory of the Hills. An Irish Tale, 8vo D. 1870 First Edn., hf. title, recent cloth; Mc Donnell (R.) When Cromwell Came to Drogheda, A Memory of 1640, D. n.d.; Hickey (Rev. P.) Innisfail or Distant Days in Tipperary, D. 1906, cloth. (4)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €90
Waterford Printing: Hussey (Rt. Rev. Dr.) A Pastoral Letter to the Catholic Clergy of the United Dioceses of Waterford and Lismore, sm. 8vo Waterford (James Ramsey) 1797. Sole Edn. Inscribed on title “Charles Cashel” 8pp recent mor. backed boards. Rare. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €160
Pamphlets: 1. Burke (Edmund) Two Letters from The Rt. Hon. Mr. Burke, on the French Revolution, 8vo D. 1791. First Dublin Edn., hf. title, 24pp; 2. Mr. Pitt’s Reply to Mr. Order; Being … Speeches… on the Subject of the New Commercial Regulations between the Two Countries [Gt. Britain and Ireland], 8vo D. 1785. 40pp; 3. [Gordon (John)] Occasional Thoughts On the Study and Character of Classical Authors…, 8vo L. 1762, First, 148pp. Together 3 works, hf. calf. As a coll. of pamphlets. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €180
Pamphlets: Bousfield (Benj.) Observations on the Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke’s Pamphlet,.. French Revolution, 8vo D. 1791, ; 2. Burke (Edmund) A Letter to John Farr and John Harris, Esq., Sheriffs of that City [Bristol], 8vo D. 1777, 55pp; 3. Goold (Thos.) A Vindication of the Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke’s Reflections .. in France, D. 1791, 143pp; 4. An Appeal from the New to the Old Whigs…, D. 1791, 141pp; & 1 other, cont. tree calf. As a coll. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €660
Society for Promoting English Protestants
Schools in Ireland
Pamphlets: An important group of 13 separate tracts, some with lists of the various establishments set up by the Society, including very interesting details. Dean Swift, Hans Sloane, and many other famous people appear as members or contributors. The full list as follows:
1. A Brief Account of the Proceedings of the Incorporate Society in Dublin … . To which is prefix’d in Abstract of His Majesty’s Royal Charter. 8vo L. 1733, 16pp.
2. [Sherlock] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Salisbury. A Sermon Preach’d before the Society … in this Parish – Church of St. Mary Le Bow, on Friday, March 17th, 1737-8. 4to L. 1738, 24pp.
3. [Wilcox] Joseph Lord Bishop of Rochester, A Sermon Preach’d Before the Society … on Saturday, March 17th, 1738-9. 8vo L. 1739, 32pp.
4. [Maddox] Isaac, Lord Bishop of St. Asaph, A Sermon .., on Wednesday March 19, 1739-40, 8vo L. 1740, 27pp.
5. [Clayton] Robert, Lord Bishop of Cloyne, A Sermon … Preach’d in Christ Church, Dublin, Sm. 4to D. 1740., 23pp.
6. A Continuation of the Proceedings of the Incorporated Society in Dublin …. from 25th March 1738 to 25th March 1740, 4to D. 1740, 49pp.
7. [Henning] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Bangor, A Sermon Preach’d … Wednesday March 18, 1740-41. Sm. 4to L. 1741, 34pp.
8. Berriman (Wm.) Youth the proper Season of Discipline A Sermon… on Tuesday March 23, 1741-42. Sm. 4to L. 1742, 43pp.
9. Thomas (John) A Sermon Preach’d … on Tuesday March 22nd, 1742-43. 4to L. 1743., 21pp.
10. [Downes] Robert, Lord Bishop of Leighlin and Ferns, A Sermon Preach’d at Christ-Church, Dublin, on the 25th Day of March 1750, 4to D. 1750, 76pp.
* List 39 Schools already opened, and others proposals to open elsewhere, each with interesting details.
11. [Hayter] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Norwich, A Sermon Preach’d … Wednesday May 2nd, 1753, 4to L. 1754, 31pp.
12. An Abstract of His Majesty’s Royal Charter, 4to n.p., 55pp plus lg. fold. table.
13. [Secker] Thomas, Lord Bishop of Oxford, A Sermon Preach’d … Wednesday, April 27, 1757, 4to L. 1757, 93pp. includ. An Abstract ….,
Together 13 works bound as one, in 19th Century cloth, all in fine condition. As a coll., w.a.f.
* Important collection. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €260
Wilde (Wm. R.) The Beauties of the Boyne and its Tributary The Blackwater, D. 1850. Second. hf. title, lg. fold. map, illus.; Harvey (R.) The Shannon and its Lakes, D. 1896, First, both cloth, good. (2)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €200
1798 etc: Musgrave (Sir R.) Memoirs of the Rebellions in Ireland, 2 vols. 8vo D. 1802. Third, lg. fold. map, 1 fold table, & 9 fold. maps, plans & plts. (complete), cont. boards, recent cloth back, mor. labels. V. good copy. (2)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €80
Scarce Provincial Printings
Northern Ireland interest: Stuart (James) Historical Memoirs of the City of Armagh, Newry (Alex Wilkinson) 1819. Engd. frontis & 14 plts. (1 fold.) t.p. repaired cont. hf. calf, rebacked; Graham (Rev. John) Derriana, 8vo Londonderry (Wm. M’Corkell) 1823. First Edn., hf. mor. (2)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €110
Whiston (Wm.) A New Theory of the Earth, 8vo L. 1755. Sixth Edn., engd. frontis & 9 plts. (complete), loose ends, cont. calf worn. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €70
Gamble (John) A View of Society and Manners in the North of Ireland, in the Summer and Autumn of 1812. First Edn., VIII, 399, lacks hf. title, some pp. soiled, new hf. mor. mor. labels. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €360
Blackstone (Sir Wm.) Commentaries on the Laws of England, 4 vols. D. (for J. Exshax … and David Hay) 1773. Fifth Edn. Cont. full calf, raised bands, mor. labels. Good set. (4)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €140
Plowden (Francis) The History of Ireland, 3 vols. D. 1811, cont. full tree calf; Barrington (Sir J.) Personal Sketches of His Own Time, 2 vols. 8vo L. 1827. First Edn., port. frontis. Vol. I, cont. hf. mor. mor. labels, good. (5)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €210
Harris (Walter) The History and Antiquities of the City Dublin, 8vo D. 1766., 2 fold. plans fold. table & 11 engd. plts. (8 fold. with dbl. views), recent hf. calf, raised bands, gilt decor. spine. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €60
Signed by the Author
Co. Clare: Sheedy (Kieran) The Clare Elections, 8vo Ennis 1993. First Edn., Lim. Edn. No. 34 Signed by Author, illus., cloth. Scarce. (1)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €280
Woods (James) Annals of Westmeath Ancient and Modern, 8vo D. 1907. First, illus.; Monahan (Rev. Canon J.) Records Relating to the Diocese of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise, 8vo D. 1886. First, cold. map frontis, unopened, both cloth; good. (2)More details ›
SOLD Hammer price €140
Wood (T.) An Inquiry concerning The Primitive Inhabitants of Ireland, L. 1821. First, lg. fold. map hf. crimson mor.; Milner (Rev. J.) An Inquiry into Certain Vulgar Opinions, concerning the Catholic Inhabitants and The Antiquities of Ireland, L.  Second, wd. cut decor., cont. hf. mor. (2)More details ›