What can I buy or sell at Fonsie Mealy Auctioneers?
With over 50 years combined experience in the fine art, collectibles and rare books arenas we hold a variety of sales including – fine art, rare books, Irish historical artefacts, and sporting memorabilia.
Where is Fonsie Mealy Auctioneers located?
Our saleroom and offices are located in centre of Castlecomer town at the Old Cinema, Chatsworth Street, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland.
How to find out about our auctions?
- Visit our website www.fonsiemealy.ie where you will find all of the latest news about upcoming auctions and view a pdf of our upcoming sale catalogues. We have a mobile-friendly site so that you can keep up to date on your mobile device.
- Contact our office directly on + 353 56 4441229 / email@example.com
- Sign up for our newsletter by entering your email address on the homepage or in our email subscription area opposite. We’ll email you to let you know about new catalogues, viewings and sales.
If you are unable to come to the auction it may be possible to bid on the telephone for higher value lots. Please note that this service is restricted to lots with an estimate of €500 or more only, for cost and administrative reasons. The number of lines is limited so we would urge serious telephone bidding only and ask that you be prepared to bid over the top estimate. It would be advisable to leave a maximum covering bid in case we are not able to contact you by telephone. All lines must be booked and confirmed in writing before the day of the auction and preferably some time in advance. Telephone bidding involves many variables and whilst we take every care to ensure the smooth running of this service, we cannot be held liable if your bids are missed for any reason. Online bidding available via www.the-saleroom.com and www.invaluable.com
Absentee Bidding Absentee bids must be received no later than 5pm the day prior to the sale. Any bids received after this deadline cannot be guaranteed. If you are bidding with us for the first time then please contact our office for guidelines on registration. Full details and relevant buyers/sales conditions available on registration.
Successful online bids will not be processed until conclusion of sale.
Conditions of Sale
- The highest bidder to be the buyer, and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the lot in dispute shall immediately be put up again and resold.
- In the case of lots upon which there is a reserve, the Auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller.
- The Purchasers to give their names and places of abode.
- The lots to be taken away and paid for, whether genuine and authentic or not, with all faults and errors of description at the buyers expense and risk, within the specified time after the end of the sale; the Auctioneers not being responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity of or any default or defect in any lot, and making no warranty whatever. If within 30 days after the Sale of any item, the Auctioneer receives a notice in writing from the Buyer by Registered Post that such an item is a deliberate forgery, together with the necessary evidence to satisfy the Auctioneers of such an allegation, then the sale of that item will be rescinded and the net purchase monies refunded (less any outlays incurred by the Auctioneers) to the purchaser. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to the foregoing, the matter shall be referred to an Independent Arbitrator to be agreed between the parties.
- To prevent inaccuracy in the delivery and inconvenience in the settlement of the purchase, no lot can on any account be removed during the time of sale, and the remainder of any purchase money due, must absolutely be paid on delivery.
- Upon failure of complying with above conditions, any money deposited in part payment shall be forfeited. All lots uncleared within the time of aforesaid shall be resold by public or private sale, and the deficiency (if any) attending such resale, shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
- N.B.: Payment by cash or guaranteed cheques. All Cheques or Drafts to be made payable to “Fonsie Mealy Auctioneers. Third Party Cheques or Drafts will not be accepted as payment for lots purchased.
- Purchasers to pay 20 – 25% Auction Fees (VAT inclusive) depending of type of sale.
- First-time Buyers require Bank References. Bids are accepted in euro only.
- We accept payment by Debit Cards (Laser / Visa Debit Card) etc., and Credit Cards (Mastercard / Visa Payments are subject to 3% Surcharge).